Sunday, March 6, 2011

CANADIAN HAUNTERS ASSOCIATION


Greetings my fellow haunters,

I would like to inform you of the new Canadian Haunters Association (CHA), formally The Ontario Haunters Club (OHC).

Before I begin telling you about my goals and thoughts, I want to thank Victoria Wolf the founder of (OHC) for the outstanding work and dedication that she has shown over the years. Victoria started out as a home haunter herself and found the need to connect with fellow haunters, so she began the (OHC) back in 2004. In the 7 years of starting the club, she has brought together a great community of home haunters and has created a new family of goulish friends.

As most of you are aware by now, Victoria Wolf has had to graciously pass on the torch of running the club, due to her demanding work schedule and family obligations. I offered to take over the website because I saw a need to update it and I wanted to make it more user friendly and add on new information.

Since this is my first post for the (CHA), I feel it’s important to explain the reasoniong for the name change and a new website. What started out as a regional Ontario club of home haunters back in 2004, it has grown over the years to a National Canadian Club with home haunters in additional provinces. Now it only makes sense to change the clubs name to more welcoming one that represents all Home Haunters from across Canada.

The new website will truly be a 100% Canadian Home Haunters Association that will focus on all things related to Halloween. But before I begin to tell you about the new website, I would like to make something perfectly clear. Because Victoria has passed her torch to me doesn’t’ mean that I’m the leader, this new website belongs to all of us Haunters and this is why I’m going to be putting together a committee of volunteers to help with the new website and future events.

Some things won’t change; Rebecca Senese will continue to run the monthly pub night as the Ontario chapter of (CHA). Hopefully we can inspire other provinces to follow and have their own monthly get togethers. The (OHC) Facebook page has already been updated to the (CHA). Also, the (OHC) Yahoo Forum will continue to run until we get the new website up and running.

I’ve been working with Hector Turner (Home Haunter/Graphic Designer) on a new Logo for our Association along with other website designers / programmers to get a quote for the new website. Here’s a list of the tabs and the information they will represent. Please feel free to comment, since the new website officially hasn’t been created yet. If I missed anything you feel is important to add, please say so.

• Home
• About Us
• Membership
• Home Haunts - Yukon Territory, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland.
• Commercial Haunts (Same provinces as the Home Haunts)
• Industry News
• Forum (Just like http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/) this forum will replace the (OHC) forum. It will be more elaborate and have more features than the old one. Each member will be able to log in on their own account and buy/sell, and discuss ideas related to home haunting and the Haunt Industry, etc...
• Upcoming Events
• Store
• Contests
• Vendors
• Links
• Advertise
• Contact Us

I’m really excited about our new website and Association and I look forward to watching it grow. If you have any questions or require additional information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks in advance for everyone’s support.

Chris Ainsworth

3 comments:

Spookworks said...

Very cool- congratulations! Can't wait to see what's in store. ;D

Anonymous said...

Chris, looks pretty good, I would add a tutorial section for your menu tabs

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Very cool of you to take over and keep things moving. Good luck with your new adventure!

Cheers!